mina-dev mailing list archives

From Brad Harvey <harve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IdleStatusCheker, Was : Re: [About the Filter Chain] Events
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 09:57:04 GMT
Hi,

Are session idle notifications useful for implementing heartbeat
processing?  I'm thinking of protocols with complicated session layers
(eg FIX) that might be nice to implement in filters.

Having said that, it should be feasible to insert a filter that keeps
track of activity (or lack of it) when needed.

Brad.