mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IdleStatusCheker, Was : Re: [About the Filter Chain] Events
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:17:03 GMT
Julien Vermillard wrote:
> session idleing is usefull and well triggered using select(1000)
> timeout in AbstractPollingIoProcessor internals.

Except that discovering such magic number (1000) in the code is pretty
embarrassing ... For a heartbeat system, this is certainly not what we
could expect the code to be :)

But, basically, yes, if we can add a configurable parameter to be used
in the select(), that would do the trick.

Now, should we modify the NioProcessor thread to handle such a case,
when it can be done in a filter? I think that it should be a combinaison
: a select() with a configurable value (ie, not necessarily something
which has to be set from the outside, but a value which can be set by a
filter), and a filter to handle such an heartbeat, with a specific
message sent to the chain (HeartBeatEvent).

Just pushing ideas here ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com