mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: poll VmPipe
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 16:05:27 GMT
peter royal wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2008, at 7:28 AM, Dan Creswell wrote:
>> Hmmm, if VmPipe is done right it should allow me to build an
>> app/service on
>> top of MINA that can easily be tested all inside of a single JVM
>> (good for
>> unit testing amongst other things) or deployed fully networked with
>> minimum
>> code disruption.
>>
>> Is it intended to be used in such a fashion?  If not possibly it can be
>> dropped.
>
> I am using it for exactly this purpose.
>
> We have two services that can either be deployed as separate VMs, or
> inside of the same VM. WHen its inside the same VM, we cull out the
> protocol filters and just use a VmPipe. Minimal code disruption to
> support both configurations.
Interesting. Edouard's proposal then makes sense : implementing the
underlying communication using Queues and removing a lot of the current
code could help.

You will still have the same API (IoAcceptor/IoConnector), and won't be
disruptive.

This has to be evaluated.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny