mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [About the Filter Chain] Proposals
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 16:38:40 GMT
On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Mark Webb <elihusmails@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we should focus on getting 2.0 out the door.  We have been
> working on it long enough and I think there are many people using it
> in production or near-production systems.  Once we release, we will
> probably get alot more feedback and can use that feedback to
> enhance/fix the next version.

Big +1. We will find areas that we would like to improve during the
foreseeable future (this change and ByteBuffer comes to mind).
Including all such changes will delay 2.0 for a long time, long enough
for MINA to get behind other frameworks. Having a real release out
will mean getting further feedback from users, so far I haven't seen a
lot of users requesting this change nor the ByteBuffer change. I think
we're too critical, the code is great. Release early, release often.
We do neither.

>I would think that we should move right
> towards 3.0.

I say go work on a branch (as already suggested) and see where that leads.

/niklas