mina-dev mailing list archives

From "David Latorre" <dvl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Create a MINA subproject to implement a SSH server based on Mina
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 19:51:16 GMT
2008/11/13 Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com>

> A few weeks ago, I've started a small project at googlecode to
> implement an SSH server in Java based on Mina.
> You'll find some background at http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
>
> The project is still in its early stage and require a lot more work to
> be fully usable, but I've been doing some tests and the basic SSH
> protocol itself is implemented.
> The project is available at http://code.google.com/p/sshd/
>
> My thinking is that it would be a good candidate to become a
> subproject of Mina (along with ftpserver and asyncweb), so i'm
> starting this discussion to gauge the interest of the MINA TLP to host
> such a subproject.

These are great news!
 I've also been thinking that  it would be a great idea to support SSH and
SFTP (maybe it's possible to get rid of all these  'send your IP to the
other party'  problems). So I'll try to help with SSH server as well. When I
learn something about SSH in any case.
For the SFTP part,  I expect that we can start from your Session class;  is
that right?