mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asyncweb release required
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2009 01:38:15 GMT
Panda, Archanaa IN GGN SISL wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I would like to use AsyncWeb and Mina for my project.
great !
>  I understand that
> MINA 2.0.0-M4 bundles asyncweb with it,
actually, this is the opposite. Asyncweb relies on MINA
> but this is not a release
> candidate and I don't want to risk using it.

What risk do you think you will take ? The only difference between a
milestone and a release is that there won't be any API modification or
new feature added in a release, while it might be the case for a
milestone. FYI, M4 is the last milestone, and the next package will be a
release candidate.

In any case, we use integration tests to check that we don't introduce
regression while fixing bugs. The lastest version is probably the most
stable one.

> I tried to download AsyncWeb 0.8 from the safehaus svn but I found that
> https://svn.safehaus.org/repos/asyncweb/release is unavailable. I am not
> able to download AsyncWeb 0.8 which is the only stable version and I
> cannot use MINA 2.0.0's asyncweb as it is not yet a release candidate.

Well, then you are in a dead end ... Asyncweb has been moved to MINA.
Btw, Asyncweb 0.8 was based on a version of MINA which was very old and
buggy. MINA 2.0.0-M4 is way more stable !

> So could you please help me get the AsyncWeb 0.8 stable release version?

0.8 is _not_ a stable version. It's just an iteration toward 1.0, the
first stable version.

> Also, when would the MINA2.0 release candidate along with AsyncWeb be
> available?

Soon. But we don't have any date yet.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny