mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [FTPServer] IOException under high load <- FTPSERVER-260
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:09:25 GMT
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM, David Latorre <dvlato@gmail.com> wrote:
> Johh Hearn reported this issue with FTPServer
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FTPSERVER-260 where under
> not-that-high loads connections get closed and an Exception is thrown:

I've failed to reproduce anything similar on Linux (I don't have a
Windows box handy). Also, I failed to pretty much use JMeter at all,
would it be possible to create a JUnit test case for this problem? The
JMeter code seems to be fairly brutal (not logging out, seems to be
opening multiple FileOutputStreams for the same local file) so this
might be specific to JMeter (not that we shouldn't handle that, but it
would be good to narrow it down a bit).

Looking at what the net says about the exception
(http://www.sockets.com/err_lst1.htm look for WSAECONNABORTED), it
seems to happen when the TCP socket times out due to the client (since
we get the error in the server) not sending an ACK (if I understand
the description correctly). Here's further explaining the error:
http://www.chilkatsoft.com/p/p_299.asp

Also, what effects to you see on the server when this happens? I'm
guessing only the session dies, right?

/niklas