mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject NioSocketAcceptor ReceiveBufferSize??
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 07:37:17 GMT
Happy New Year to All!

Was browsing the NioSocketAcceptor class and came across this snippet

Line : 244-245
// XXX: Do we need to provide this property? (I think we need to remove it.)
socket.setReceiveBufferSize(getSessionConfig().getReceiveBufferSize());

For UDP applications this property helps in reducing the number of packet drops.

Does this property have any effect in TCP applications?, as TCP has
acknowledgement and
flow control built. In a way, what are the advantages of having higher
receiver buffer or otherwise in TCP applications?

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog