mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Protocol Buffer codec...
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:54:56 GMT
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Some observation
>> 1. the sandbox folder has whole of MINA code. Will be great if we can
>> remove other files
> You mean, cleaning the sandbox from all the old branches ?

Check http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/sandbox/protocol-buffers/

It has got all the code that we have for MINA. Shouldn't we have just
filter-codec-protobuf? or I am missing something

> Yep. The idea is to get a codec or those who want to use GPB (Google
> Protocol Buffer) with MINA. I guess that at some point, we will have a
> library of such codecs...

Agree, this shall make MINA more user friendly. Something like pick
codec, add to chains and base solution is ready.
Add toppings of your choice to taste better