mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Header stuff
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 07:58:58 GMT
Hi,

Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> <snip/>
>> I'd propose something like this:
>>
>> @author <a href="http://mina.apache.org">Apache MINA Project</a>
>>
>> At the homepage is everything one could possibly need (source,
>> documentation, and contact information). I don't know if it's better
>> to point to the subproject or not, though.
>>

> Maybe there have already been extensive discussions about this in the
> past, but we should give that a second thought. The website will stay,
> while mailing lists for projects (sometimes) change, as projects grow
> and MLs are forked.
>
> Essentially, I am fine with both approaches.

@author tags may be removed, but I find it convenient to have a tag
pointing to the original project (be it the ML or the web page). As
project might move - for instance, MINA was a part of Directory before
being a TLP, Vysper was a part of labs before being a MINA sub-project,
and may be one day a TLP...-

We just have, as a project, to decide what to do. I like the proposal to
use the http link to the project web site, instead of the dev mailing list.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org