mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: [vysper] Wave Support...?
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 05:37:05 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin <
>> robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.waveprotocol.org/draft-protocol-spec
>>>
>>> opinions?

It's hard to have an opinion on this because...

<stpeter> the spec editor told me "the spec is a very very very early
draft"[1]
<<
[1] http://logs.jabber.org/jdev@conference.jabber.org/2009-05-28.html

It's so draft it shouldn't have been made public yet.

What it's intended to be some day I think could be described as a
subscription to the delta changes of a document and incorporating them
in near real time on your side, while you edit the doc and send out
deltas to all other collaborators, too.

I already had the idea a while ago that this could be done, it seems
very natural to use XMPP for it. (But I doubt I can claim a "prior arts"
for this. ;-)

  Bernd