mina-dev mailing list archives

From Kelly Wiles <rkwi...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: closing a session in Mina 2.0.0-M6
Date Sat, 06 Jun 2009 13:17:00 GMT
I changed the code to do the following when the disconnect method is
called in my IoHandlerAdapter.

// defined at top of class.
private SocketConnector connector;
private IoSession session;
static final int CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 3000;

// inside of the disconnect method.
System.out.println("here 1.");
CloseFuture cf = session.close(true);
System.out.println("here 2.");
cf.awaitUninterruptibly(CONNECT_TIMEOUT);
System.out.println("here 3.");
connector.dispose();
System.out.println("here 4.");

The "here 1" and 2 are printed then a 60 second pause.
Then the command shell prompt appears.
The "here 3" and 4 are not printed.

So the call to cf.awaitUninterruptibly(CONNECT_TIMEOUT); blocks for 60
seconds.

Do I need to do the connector.dispose() before the do the wait?
I am probably doing stuff out of order I am thinking.

Kelly

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Kelly Wiles wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> When I close a session using the call
>>    session.close(true).awaitUninterruptibly(3000);
>>
>> The session does not close for 60 seconds.
> What do you mean ? Have you checked the CloseFuture.isClosed() result ?
> CloseFuture closeFuture = session.close(true);
> closeFuture.awaitUninterruptibly(3000);
>
> if (closeFuture.isDone()) {
>  // The session is closed...
> }
>
>> Is this the right way to shutdown a connection?
> Yes, it will close the session.
>>
>> I am trying to send two messages to a server then once the responses
>> have returned I  shutdown my client program. But the client program
>> does not quit for 60 seconds.
> You also have to dispose the Connector. Closing the session won't be
> enough.

Schedule A Meeting
Meeting Management Software
http://sam.kdkhome.com/

Tabby Install and Tabby Editor for Eclipse
Create application install programs easily.
http://www.tabbyinstall.com/

Jar Compiler an Eclipse Plugin
Compile Java Jar files into a native executable.
http://www.tabbyinstall.com/jarc/JarCompiler.html

ISO Builder an Eclipse Plugin
Create CDROM ISO images.
http://www.tabbyinstall.com/isobuilder/ISOBuilder.html

ProtoTiger for the Apache Mina project.
Generates client/server source code from GUI design.
http://www.tabbyinstall.com/prototiger/ProtoTiger.html