mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some comments about the last VYSPER commits
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 10:24:20 GMT
Michael Jakl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thanks for the feedback, good to know that somebody does a sanity
> check from time to time ;)

Thanks for the hard work !

Those "sanity checks" is just something we do for every one (but
probably more often for new committers), it's just a way to get a
consistent code base. This is what is the commit mails are good for, btw.

You may discover that different projects at Apache have different code
rules (we at ApacheDS don't use the same rule for '{' and '}' position,
beside other differences). Those 'rules' are per project and have been
discussed a while ago (and this is often the case early in the project's
life).

The cool part is that every PMC can decide to change the rule, assuming
that there is an agreement on that.

In MINA case, almost all the PMC members decided a while back to follow
the standard Java coding style, as expressed on the MINA web site.

It helps killing the religious war about tabs/space, '{' positions and
such stupid little things that makes the life miserable ;)

Thanks Michael, keep the good job going on !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org