mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r791261 - /mina/sandbox/vysper/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/modules/extension/xep0060_pubsub/handler/PubSubCreateNodeHandler.java
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:06:35 GMT
Michael Jakl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 11:21, Bernd Fondermann<bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
>>> Don't trust the sender with the "to" address, use the one in the sessionContext.
>> Now _you_ are getting overly defensive. ;-)
>>
>> If my mind serves me right, the to address has been checked before (in
>> ProtocolWorker?), so it's save to use it. And I don't think
>> getServerJID() will neccessarily give you the right one in every case
>> either.
>
> Currently it should (why not?), but as soon as we allow components to
> have different domains it doesn't anymore.

That's what I had in mind. What if the pubsub is addressed as
pubsub@domain.org, wouldn't this trigger a problem already?

> Anyway, the JID for the module should be configured elsewhere, and not
> take from the request. I'll fix that too tonight.

+1.

In a related thought, what do you by the way think about introducing a
PubSubConfiguration class where all of the many options possible in
pubsub can be collected? The module JID could be one of them.

  Bernd