mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: [Vysper] stanza receiving and relaying
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:12:37 GMT
Matus Zamborsky wrote:
> I read rfc 3920 and 3921 and I understand the routing behind presence,
> messages and iqs. I also read the code of StanzaRelay and
> StanzaReceiver, but I could not find the difference between routing
> presence, messages and iqs. Is there something I dont see, or this part
> of Vysper is not fully written?

Routing is mostly done based on a stanza's "to"-attribute. Stanza
handling is mostly done StanzaHandlers. The specific case of processing
a stanza which is going to be relayed to another server (e.g. "routed
through") by a Handler is currently not there I think.

What is your specific use case?

I probably would suggest to build a test app for this instead of only
reading source code.

  Bernd