mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: [Vysper] PubSub question
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 06:50:38 GMT
(Please consider replying inline instead of top-posting.)

Matus Zamborsky wrote:
> Unfortunatelly that's only part of the answer. What would you do in
> federated architecture, where many domains interconnect and every domain
> has its own pubsub service. According to the XEP you have to pull the
> subscribtions from all potential pubsub services(better said  I dont see
> in the XEP anything about getting all your subscribtions to different
> domains)

Yes, there is no concept of a central service or repository of all your
pubsub-subs.

But you'd /only/ have to keep a list of all servers you have
subscriptions to, then you are able to query each one for the details.
Private storage would be appriopriate for keeping this list, AFAIUI.

I'd recommend to re-ask this question on the PubSub@xmpp.org list, though.

  Bernd