mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r798592 - /mina/sandbox/vysper/trunk/server/core/src/main/java/org/apache/vysper/xmpp/modules/core/im/handler/PresenceAvailabilityHandler.java
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:30:16 GMT
Ashish wrote:
> Couple of observations [May not be related to this commit]
> 1. Related to spec compliance use - The current implementation has
> same element nested within
>
> @SpecCompliance(compliant = {
>         @SpecCompliant(spec = "RFC3921bis-05", section = "3.1.5",
> status = IN_PROGRESS, comment = "...."),
>         @SpecCompliant(spec = "RFC3921bis-08", section = "3.1.5",
> status = NOT_STARTED, comment = "....")
>     })
>
> Not sure about the possibility, but if we can specify them
> individually (something like @param in javadoc), would be better. I am
> yet to explore the possibility
>
> Something like
> @SpecCompliant(spec = "RFC3921bis-05", section = "3.1.5", status =
> IN_PROGRESS, comment = "...."),
> @SpecCompliant(spec = "RFC3921bis-08", section = "3.1.5", status =
> NOT_STARTED, comment = "....")
>
> I am not sure if it allowed by JSR 308. If not we can live with this.

Agreed, but it's not possible. That's the reason why we had to add
@SpecCompliance.

> 2. We should separate static imports from normal imports. Makes it more readable
>
> like
>
> import java....
> ...// all normal imports
> import static ...
> ...// all static imports

Wouldn't it be more straightforward the other way round?

 import static ...
 ...// all static imports
 import java....
 ...// all normal imports

> 3. Max line length is way higher than normal 80 chars, mostly above
> 120 chars. For most of MINA code, the limit has been followed.

I committed a fix. Better now?

Today, my screen has way more columns than lines.
That's why I personally prefer longer lines. 80 chars looks way to
narrow for me since sitting in front of those large displays.

 Bernd

<snip/>