mina-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Jakl <jakl.mich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vysper][pubsub] Realworld demo with realworld client
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2009 17:46:10 GMT
Hi!

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 23:33, Bernd Fondermann<bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> Now you know why I insisted to start early on this 'demo'... and it was
> not to see you bold at the end of the summer ;-)

It took me quite a while to figure out where the problem is. No it
seems that I've found it.

I'm using new XMLElement(elementname, namespace) in all my classes to create an
element together with a namespace. Unfortunately this namespace is ignored and
hence smack does not know what to do with the stanzas I send it.

The solution (I hope) is to use StringBuilder.setNamespaceAttribute(...) to add
the namespace as an attribute.

Is there a specific reason for the namespace parameter in XMLElement? Otherwise
I'd beg remove it (looking at the time it took me to find the bug).

Michael