mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: Vysper AccountManagement - what if i need other data other than username and pw
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:29:57 GMT
Hi Ely,

thanks for following up. I think I still don't totally understand what
you want to do. Next try...

Ely Celino wrote:
> Well, it would be nice if we could have something like
> myXmppServer.addDomain("anotherdomain.com").

Sure, but this would require substantial refactorings.

> But, if it would mess things up
> I would just put out registration out of xmpp protocol.

If you use a plain vanilla vysper from SVN, there is no possibility of
account registration of users yet using the XMPP protocol. Neither
in-band registration (XEP-0077) nor using service administration
(XEP-0133, XEP-0050). AccountManagement is only accessible within the
JVM, not via XMPP.

> Then, I would sign
> in account using username@mydomain.com/clientid.

Why would you do that? What does that help? XMPP only assigns resources
(what you depict as "/clientid" here) _after_ authentication.

Are you talking here about your own heavily customized version of Vysper?

> I believe it is possible to
> specify the resource to be used upon authentication.

+ Resource registration is only possible after authentication
+ Accepting the resource id from the client is OPTIONAL for the server
+ Vysper does not accept a client's resource id.

I'm not completely understanding your goal yet, I guess.

  Bernd