mina-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Padilla <f...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject Re: Vysper AccountManagement - what if i need other data other than username and pw
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2009 16:23:09 GMT
So basically it sounds like Ely has different groups of users with
possibly overlapping usernames?

fern(from citizensports)
fern(from othercompany)

So the JIDs need to be unique per users?

But the resource part of the JID is only there to identify a particular
connection to the server, not the actual user ( as Bernd said, only
after authentication does resources ids get worked out ).

So you can only put it in the username or in a subdomain:

fern_citizensports@domain.com
fern_othercompany@domain.com

or in the subdomain:

fern@citizensports.domain.com
fern@othercompany.domain.com

which seems much cleaner and nicer to me, but vysper can't support this
at the moment :(