mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [vysper][MUC] service disco of component
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 20:49:27 GMT
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Bernd Fondermann<bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> I conducted a real-life test of MUC yesterday.
>
> The foremost problem was that MUC did not identify properly in disco.
>
> For example, jabber.org send something like:
>
> <iq from="jabber.org" type="result" to="berndf@jabber.org/psi" id="af67a" >
> <query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items">
> <!-- HIGHLIGHT... -->
> <item jid="conference.jabber.org" />
> <!-- ...HIGHLIGHT -->
> </query>
> </iq>
>
> and MUC doesn't send something similar, so clients seem to not identify
> the component properly.

Right, this is not mentioned in the MUC spec as one of the disco
requests that a MUC implementation should support. And, we got a bug
in MUC where we will respond with room JIDs for this request. These
should instead be returned for the component JID. But, the disco
implementation so far only seems to support sending disco requests to
the server domain, so an improvement here is needed.

> Should I open a JIRA for this?

Please do!

> Maybe we need to improve the core's generic disco API, too.

Yeah, as mentioned above, the core disco support needs support for
components. You got the time?

/niklas