mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with TextLineCodecFactory in SMTPServer
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:59:16 GMT
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> you said:
>
> * you forgot to release the buffer once processed.
>
> So using the TextLineProtocolFactory why would I need to "release" the
> buffer ? I thought this get done already..

Hmm, you are right.

I may have confused the length (1) of the badly encoded data with the
buffer length.

What puzzle me is that we don't get the exact position the TextLine
decoder is starting to decode something. The way it's suppose to work is
that the decoder is called when the delimiter is met (\n), and then pass
the buffer to the decoder. Here, the first lines of text seems to be
correct ASCII, and we have to go past a few of them before getting
non-ascii bytes...

IMO, the exception message must be improved...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org