mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [mina] xml codec IoFilter?
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:58:30 GMT
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 16:25, Fernando Padilla <fern@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Hi.  I would love to have an IoFilter that would take in a stream and be
> able to spit out xml? (kind of like sax?)
>
> Does anyone have any leads for pre-built ones?  Or should I dream about
> making one? :)

That would be a nightmare then ;-)
Seriously, XML is very complex. Namespaces, entities, tree-like structures.

For Vysper, I tried to hook MINA into a streaming XML parser ("StAX").
But the parsers I looked at were unable to re-parse partial HTML and
had issues as their buffers ran dry (stopped working).
Maybe I just didn't get it right and you will.

In the end, for Vysper I wrote such a parser, but it's only parsing
the XMPP XML subset, not proper XML.

  Bernd