mina-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Pearce <...@google.com>
Subject Re: Pb when running tests on sshd (trunk)
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 13:47:37 GMT
"Alan D. Cabrera" <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> I wonder how, or if, we could automatically d/l the native artifact from
> maven and put it into somewhere like target/native and spawn the tests.
> Just thinking out loud.

This would be the preferred approach, but it might be harder than
it sounds.  For starters, the tcnative library doesn't have a
Maven pom.  :-)

We can use platform selected profiles in Maven to drive what the
actual artifact file name is, but there might not be enough control.

For Mac OS X and Win32 targets, this should be pretty simple
to configure.  But my Linux desktop is an amd64 user space, but
I have both x86-32 and x86-64 format JVMs installed.  I was only
able to successfully build tcnative for the x86-64 format, which
limits the set of VMs I can load it under.  :-)

I can try to look into downloading the right native library when
I setup the pom to also support skipping the tcnative based tests.
The only major downside is it might mean I have to start supporting
the builds, and I really don't want to do that...