mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [MINA 3.0] Standard Codec was Re: [MINA 3.0] Which filters should we keep ?
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 19:54:17 GMT
Niklas Gustavsson a écrit :
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was also thinking we should add some more filters like :
>> - a XML filter
>> - a JSON filter
>> - a HTTP Filter
>>

> Don't think these should belong in MINA Core (but that probably not
> what you are proposing either). But, they would be useful as some kind
> of subproject/part of subproject (like the HTTP filter being part of
> AsyncWeb). As for the XML filter, we now got a reusable, non blocking
> XML parser/renderer in Vysper (still in a branch, but soon ready for
> getting into trunk). It still needs work, especially for support full
> XML (currently lacks support for PIs, doctype declarations).

We discussed a while back about the idea to offer a set of standard
codec for many protocols. I think it's a better idea to follow Niklas'
suggestion, and to cover this point in a different thread.

There is also a distinction we should make between protocol codecs
(Http, Ntp, Ldap, ...) and message codecs (XML, Json, ...). The second
kind of codec does not necessarily covers a protocol, it's just a
support, a bit like the TextLineDecoder is not a protocol. I don't know
if I'm clear enough, so I hope you were able to get the message I wanted
to transmit without the need for me to put it in a XML formet :)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,