mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] Logging filter was Re: [MINA 3.0] Which filters should we keep ?
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2010 17:42:26 GMT
Niklas Gustavsson a écrit :
>> - we would probably prefer to be able to activate those logs dynamicaly
>>

> I presume you mean in runtime (using JMX or whatever)?
yep.
> If so, then
> this sounds like something that should be delegated to the logging
> framework the user chooses the use (log4j, logback, OSGi logging and
> so on).

That raise a slight issue here : with slf4j, we have no way to tell the
underlying framework that it should switch to some specific level, for
instance. Quite a dead end, so far :/

The way it was done in MINA was awfull : the log level ws always set to
debug, and we overriden this level with our own level :

if ( requestedLevel == DEBUG ) {
  Log.debug( blah );
}

This make it very difficult to provide a LoggingFilter covering all the
previous features, specifically the last two points (defining a log
level for each event) (dynamically active logs).

--
Regards,
Cordialement,