mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not sure why...
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:41:30 GMT
Ashish a écrit :
>>> We can simply catch it and do whatever we want with it.
>>>
>> In this case, I think the constructor should be throwing an IOException.
>>  Anyone mind if I remove the places where we removed the checked exceptions?
>>

> I am afraid, we have already freezed the API, so not sure if we should do this.

But you can remove the crap inside the method, and throw one single
runtime exception with a decent message. The bst would be to throw a
RuntimeIoException, as this constructor does not throws anything.

Btw, I'd like to know your opinion about constructor throwing a checked
exception : do you consider this as a bad smell?