mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google analytics finally setup and working on MINA sie !
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:56:15 GMT
Bernd Fondermann a écrit :
> AFAIR, using Google Analytics has been discouraged by the ASF board.

Ok, found the thread (and I confirm that thunderbird is a POS when t
comes to search, compared to gmail).

I would not say that the ASF board discouraged the usage of GA, there
were some mails echanged about the legal implication on the usage of GA :

"the Google
Terms and Conditions (Paragraph 7 on
http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html) require all sites using Google
Analytics to post a privacy policy:

--- cut ---
You will have and abide by an appropriate privacy policy and will comply
with all applicable laws relating to the collection of information from
visitors to Your websites. You must post a privacy policy and that
policy must provide notice of your use of a cookie that collects
anonymous traffic data.
--- cut ---

"

So the bare minimum for us would be to post this policy on our web site.

Now, if the board say "don't use it", we will remove it, of course.

Bernd, do you have any other mail I may have missed, suggesting that
they prefer us not to use GA? (forward them to me privately, to preserve
their privacy).

Thanks !

--
Regards,