mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] Logging filter was Re: [MINA 3.0] Which filters should we keep ?
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:04:44 GMT
On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, I agree that it is unfortunate that slf4j do not provide a
>> generic log(Level, String) method in the same way as log4j. Given
>> Ceki's great knowledge in this area, I presume it's for good reasons.
>> However, another solution would be to allow the user to inject his own
>> logger into the logging filter.
>>

> I think that CLog does not support level setting, it's probably why SLF4J
> does not allow such an operation.

slf4j could have done a switch statement to handle that. I suspect the
reason being Ceki's bad experience (as far as I understand) with
people expectations on making up their own custom levels in log4j.

> We can also provide a Log4jLoggingFilter and a LogBackLogging Filter too...

I think giving power users to option to inject a slf4j logger is the
best solution to the problem anyways.

/niklas