mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Pb when running tests on sshd (trunk)
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 14:07:56 GMT

On Jan 4, 2010, at 5:47 AM, Shawn Pearce wrote:

>> I wonder how, or if, we could automatically d/l the native artifact
>> from
>> maven and put it into somewhere like target/native and spawn the
>> tests.
>> Just thinking out loud.
>
> This would be the preferred approach, but it might be harder than
> it sounds.  For starters, the tcnative library doesn't have a
> Maven pom.  :-)
>
> We can use platform selected profiles in Maven to drive what the
> actual artifact file name is, but there might not be enough control.
>
> For Mac OS X and Win32 targets, this should be pretty simple
> to configure.  But my Linux desktop is an amd64 user space, but
> I have both x86-32 and x86-64 format JVMs installed.  I was only
> able to successfully build tcnative for the x86-64 format, which
> limits the set of VMs I can load it under.  :-)

Yeah, it gets even more complicated when you figure in the classifiers
that need to be used but I think that it can be done.  Some purists
note the myriad of different Linux setups and claim that it cannot be
done.  I think that all we have to do is be practical and come up w/
our own nomenclature for classifiers.

> I can try to look into downloading the right native library when
> I setup the pom to also support skipping the tcnative based tests.
> The only major downside is it might mean I have to start supporting
> the builds, and I really don't want to do that...

Yeah, no worries.  I was just thinking out loud.  I was thinking that
it would be a cool way to build APR w/ MINA if we wanted to go that
route.  I'm really interested in a raw sockets feature.

Again, just thinking out loud.

Regards,
Alan