mina-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are we ready for MINA 2.0.0-RC2 ?
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2010 02:59:56 GMT
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Jeff Genender <jgenender@apache.org> wrote:
> May I ask why this must be a RC2?  I think the 2.0 series has gone on a long
> time and its ok to release a 2.0 version.  Thats why we can release 2.0.1,
> etc.  Also... folks have issues with 2.0 release because the dot oh have
> negative connotations.  IMHO, lets get a real 2.0 out and start working on
> bug fixes.

+1


> I think we should get out a nice 2.0 and one of the guys can blast it to
> TSS, etc to show we are moving along again.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Jeff
>
> On Jan 22, 2010, at 10:41 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Sorry, there are some unscheduled issues too :
>>
>> DIRMINA-738    Using IoEventQueueThrottler with a WriteRequestFilter can
>> lead to hangs
>> DIRMINA-379    setKeepAlive/setTcpNoDelay and exceptions in Windows Vista
>> DIRMINA-724    getScheduledWriteMessages not zero after all sessions
>> closed
>>
>> I think we should at least check the first one before launching a vote...
>>
>>
>> Julien Vermillard a écrit :
>>>
>>> Le Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:22:35 +0100,
>>> Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hi guys,
>>>>
>>>> the JIRA list has been cleared, we just have 5 remaining issues so
>>>> far :
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Bug  DIRMINA-539    NioDatagramConnector doesn't takes the
>>>> TrafficClass value set to his DatagramSessionConfig
>>>> Impr DIRMINA-682    We need a better documentation for the
>>>> ExecutorFilter [was :Writing more than one message will block until
>>>> the MessageReceived as been fully proceced]
>>>> Impr DIRMINA-593    Javadoc & documentation for
>>>> org/apache/mina/filter/reqres
>>>> Task DIRMINA-477    Update page about differences between 1.x and 2.x
>>>> Task DIRMINA-708    Unbound thread growth on discovery attempts :
>>>> Improve documentation
>>>>
>>>> With one bug ony, and not even a bug I think we will fix, my opinion
>>>> is that we are ready for a release.
>>>>
>>>> Should I postpone all those issues to a newly created 2.0.0-GA
>>>> version and launch a vote ?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> +1 for RC2 and postponing remaining issues
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Cordialement,
>> Emmanuel Lécharny
>> www.nextury.com
>>
>>
>
>



-- 
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog
My Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/ashishpaliwal

Mime
View raw message