mina-dev mailing list archives

From David Latorre <dvl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] Which filters should we keep ?
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:27:14 GMT
I would agree with Niklas that LoggingFilter is quite useful in
FTPServer but of course there are other ways to do it.

I didn't follow your discussion too closely so excuse me if I'm wrong.
Do you mean that instead of logging e.g, only after the second
ProtocolCodecFilter  you would log in all the filters all the time?

so now, let's say we have 4 filters in our ,i don't know,  Mina-based
FPClient. Instead of having a filter logging the commands sent (as
FTPServer currently does, which is SO useful to track a connection -
maybe it's only our customers, but I have to monitor their connections
quite often to explain what they did wrong), we would have 4 filters
logging probably at the same level so the log file would be cluttered
( or we wouldn't have any logs whatsoever) unless the programmers
using MINA logged the communication themselves,  is that what you are
suggesting?