mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [MINA 3.0] IoService definition
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 09:48:07 GMT
Hi,

some more thoughts, as I'd like to define precisely what is an IoService.

Looking at the existing code, I would define an IoService as a base
Interface for Acceptor and Connector, describing the relationship
between all their components, namely :
- the chain
- the handler
- the configuration
- a state (active/not active, number of sessions, is the service is
disposed, or being disposed...)
- the write log (messages waiting to be written to the client)

I'm not convinced that the write log accessors should be a separate
component. In fact, I would rather see that as a part of the service's
state.

Is that correct? Fo I miss something here ?

Also there is some strange method present in this interface, like
broadcast(). I'm not sure it should be a part of the IoService
interface, but rather moved to IoAcceptor (does it make sense for a
Connector to boradcast a message ?)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,