mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject About CircularQueue
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:42:05 GMT
Hi guys,

yesterday I removed all references to the non-thread-safe CircularQueue
data structure, and replaced it with a ConcurrentLinkedQueue.

Not only this is a comparable data structure, but it's also thread safe,
and tested.

Now, the question : should we remove the CircularQueue data structure
from the code base, assuming that it should only be used by MINA core,
and not by user, or simply deprecate it ?

I also have some concern about the existence of HashMap in MINA. We have
149 references to this data structure which is really slow when run on
mlti-threaded environment. I suggest we replace all of those references
in core by ConcurrentHashMap
(http://www.javamex.com/tutorials/synchronization_concurrency_8_hashmap.shtml).
The very same for HashSet which is also used a lot.

Thoughts ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,