mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] About listeners
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 22:33:17 GMT

On Feb 4, 2010, at 1:26 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm looking with the listener Interface. Listeners can be attached
> to a IoService in order to react on some events. In MINA 2, the list
> of events those listener can be activated for is :
> - service activation
> - service deactivation
> - service idle

I'm not entirely sure what a service is.  My confusion lies in my
experience as a service being a very application specific thing.  This
being said, I'm not sure it belongs to a communications API.

> - session created
> - session deleted

The notion of sessions is a nebulous thing.  For example, I could have
a stack where "inside" there could be many sessions for every session
that an application layer sees.  To be sure one needs to track
sessions from the "NIC" standpoint.  If what I have said makes sense
then I would create an IoSessionListener interface.

Regards,
Alan