mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] IoService definition
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 12:43:17 GMT
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some more thoughts, as I'd like to define precisely what is an IoService.
>
> Looking at the existing code, I would define an IoService as a base
> Interface for Acceptor and Connector, describing the relationship between
> all their components, namely :
> - the chain
> - the handler
> - the configuration
> - a state (active/not active, number of sessions, is the service is
> disposed, or being disposed...)
> - the write log (messages waiting to be written to the client)
>
> I'm not convinced that the write log accessors should be a separate
> component. In fact, I would rather see that as a part of the service's
> state.

Sorry, but I don't get this part completely. Do you mean that
IoService ought to have an API which provides direct access to write
queue?
My knowledge in this part is limited :-(

> Is that correct? Fo I miss something here ?
>
> Also there is some strange method present in this interface, like
> broadcast(). I'm not sure it should be a part of the IoService interface,
> but rather moved to IoAcceptor (does it make sense for a Connector to
> boradcast a message ?)

I think broadcast() should be part of IoAcceptor, to broadcast a
message to all active session. Don't think it makes sense to have it
for Connector.

Also, what abt the "IoSessionDataStructureFactory", do we need an API
for plugging in this stuff?

--
thanks
ashish