mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ConnectFuture confusion
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 21:38:42 GMT
Just to give you some feedback :

I'm knee deep in MINA code, and it's not necessarily the best place to
be to have an objective opinion. Take all my comments with a grain of salt.

We are using MINA for years at ADS, and except in certain conditions, we
haven't had any issues we weren't able to workaround.

More critical for me are the lack of documentation, compared to the code
state.

We are trying to improve both of them, and also to boot a new version...

Thanks !

On 3/1/10 9:19 PM, Mondain wrote:
> I wouldn't say I'm a Mina expert and I didn't initially code it into Red5,
> but I personally like how easy it is to write protocol handlers and I/O
> filters. Oh and theres the speed..
>
> Paul
>
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Alan D. Cabrera<list@toolazydogs.com>wrote:
>

>> Cool!
>>
>> So, you've gone through the 2.0 codebase and found it acceptable?  What
>> features do you like about 2.0 that are not in 1.0 that you find compelling.
>>   Just curious.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Alan
>>

>> On Mar 1, 2010, at 10:11 AM, Mondain wrote:
>>
>>   I agree with Norman, as a Red5 core developer we depend on Mina a great
>>
>>> deal. We are certainly awaiting a release of 2.0 to go along with our
>>> own forthcoming 1.0 release. Although I have no proof, I do think that
>>> some
>>> our own server issues are related to Mina itself and the fixes you have
>>> mentioned may help us.
>>>
>>> Keep up the outstanding work!
>>> Paul
>>>

>>> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Norman Maurer<norman@apache.org>  wrote: