mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [Vysper] Merge new XML parser into trunk
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:04:32 GMT
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, I benchmarked during the development, but only with the new
>> parser (to verify that I did not worsen the performance). I will also
>> do some comparisons against the old parser before merging.
>
> Cool :)
> would be great if you can share with us :-)

Sorry it took such time. I've now done some comparisons between the
two parsers. Please note that these are microbenchmarks and as such
might not tell us much about the overall performance of Vysper.

Tests performed (10000 rounds):
Single level XML (<child att='foo' att2='bar' />)
Existing parser ~700ms
New parser ~800ms

Nested XML (<child att='foo' att2='bar'><child2><child3><child4
/></child3></child2></child>)
Existing parser ~3300ms
New parser ~950ms

So, at least we doesn't seem to get much worse, and potentially quite faster.

/niklas