mina-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Kratz <eisw...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vysper] waiting for the protocolworker to complete
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 09:09:40 GMT
2010/3/9 Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fondermann@googlemail.com>:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 09:43, Thomas Kratz <eiswind@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Bernd,
>>
>> yes I am talking about c)
>
> Then you can only send unavail to contacts, sending to the client too
> or even wait is pretty much pointless, isn't it?

Yes that what I am trying to do. But I had trouble because of the
unbind makes it impossible to send to stanza to the contacts, because
the resource of the unhappy broken down client got removed.

>> I already thought about the problem, that I only have to do this on
>> connection breakdown, but I did not see how to make the distinction.
>
> Pls update from svn and look at the new signature of endSession()

Thats great, I think that will make it.

>> do not even have enough knowledge to set up a proper test case :( I
>> only can test with my smack client by now. If you gave me some
>> directions where to look at I ll try and provide a test case.
>>
>> BTW I saw that I get the avaiable message twice when a user connects,
>> that doesn't hurt me, but I guess its not intended, is it ?
>
> Can you provide more details please...
> Who get's the avail twice? The client? His contacts? Both? Who becomes
> avail first, the client or his contacts?
> May I ask you to open a JIRA for this? Thanks! :-)

I'll open a JIRA and attach my client code.

>> Greetings from Hamburg
>> Thomas
>
> Cheers,
>
>  Bernd

>>> Wait a second.
>>>
>>> There are different cases:
>>>
>>> a. Client sends <pres unavail.../> and keeps connection alive
>>> b. Client sends <pres unavail.../> (maybe followed by a </stream:stream>
>>> and closes the socket
>>> c. Client dies, Routing is broken, Socket cannot transport packets
>>> successfully end-to-end and the server detects this, because the socket
>>> gets closed - this is without the client notifying the server of anything
>>> d. Server goes down and is in process of ending all sessions
>>>
>>> Up until now, I thought we were talking c., right?
>>> a. is (should be) already working
>>> b. is not fully working,  but we would be working on the wrong end then