mina-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: JAMES OOM, maybe the cause of MINA ?
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 18:14:29 GMT
Hi,

I finally made some tests with mina-rc2 trying to reproduce the oom.
I didn't succeed to reproduce it when stressing james with normal mails
(well-formed,...).

I would tend to follow the pointer Norman gave about the infinite loop
in the exceptionCaught() method (writing on the session recause and
exception,...)
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/server/trunk/smtpserver/src/main/java/org/apache/james/smtpserver/mina/SMTPIoHandler.java?revision=930014&view=markup

I think that some sockets behaving badly may be the cause and tried to
simulate this with long-time opened connection, with garbage being sent
on the sockets,... without success (no exception).

I will now roolback to the previous version of SMTPIoHandler with james
not closing the mina session, and see what I can find.

If you've got some idea of patterns, datas,... to send on the socket to
make mina throw an exception, just post it.

Tks,

Eric