mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spring Integration
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 09:25:34 GMT
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Andreas Sahlbach
<andreas.sahlbach@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I am a new user of your framework (great stuff!) and I have a short
> question regarding the spring framework. I am using mina 2.x and
> noticed that you removed a lot of special spring stuff in favor of a
> more general support for injection frameworks.
>
> Still there are a number of classes in the framework that are pretty
> spring-unfriendly and cannot be used from within spring without user
> modifications (like extending them or wrapping them). So my question
> is:
>
> What is your midterm plans regarding spring integration?
> Are you going to modify your classes so that they can be easily from
> within spring?
> If so, should I file a bug (with patch) for classes that don't work currently?
> Or are you going to implement more helper classes in the xbean package?
>
> I am referring for example to DemuxingProtocolCodecFactory or
> DemuxingIoHandler, which can't be initialized easily from within
> spring.
>
> Best regards,

There is JIRA for improving spring integration (assigned to me)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-237
Although as of now, no work is going on in this direction :-(

As of now I am not sure, if we shall continue to have the generic
framework in 3.0.
Refactoring is on priority for 3.0

Patches are welcome :)

thanks