mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [Vysper] XMPP BOSH & Jetty evaluation
Date Sun, 23 May 2010 19:49:11 GMT
On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 12:44 AM, Bogdan Ciprian Pistol
<bogdanciprian@gmail.com> wrote:
> I played with Jetty 7 and its continuations in Vysper (as a
> BoshEndpoint) and it worked nice.

Great news!

> I used version 7.1.1.v20100517, because it's the stable one in the 7.x
> series. Do you think it is appropriate this version or do you prefer
> the more tested and older version 6.x that also has continuations?

I think it makes sense to use their trunk for stuff like this, so
doing it on 7 is perfectly fine to me.

> I'll create an issue in Jira tomorrow (Sunday) and I'll attach my
> Jetty prototype tests.

Will be interesting to have a look at. I'll create a module for BOSH
development in Vysper so we have somewhere to commit code.

> In a previous discussion thread we discussed about JWChat (that is
> GPL), now I am starting to think that the best option to demonstrate
> the BOSH capabilities to users is to have a Strophe.js based web
> application (as you also suggested that Strophe.js is a better
> alternative).

+1

> Thanks Bernd for the reference of the "Professional XMPP
> Programming with JS and jQuery" book, I looked at some topics in it
> and it seems a nice and good book. I think it can be handy because
> Strophe.js is also there.

I also picked it up. Thanks for the suggestion Bernd!

> For the formal aspects of GSoC, I believe it will be needed a revision
> of the time-line and deliverables that needs to be up-to-date with the
> HTTP library
> for the project (in case we switch to Jetty) and the removal of JWChat
> (being replaced by a web application based on strophe.js), what do you
> think?

Yes, could you please publish an updated plan somewhere (as an email
here would be fine, or a site somewhere). Tomorrow is the date when
we're supposed to start coding,

/niklas