mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bogdan Ciprian Pistol <bogdancipr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vysper] XMPP BOSH & Jetty evaluation
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 22:41:40 GMT
On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Niklas Gustavsson
<niklas@protocol7.com> wrote:
> * We should keep the BOSH code clean from the core module. I've added
> a new module for the BOSH work:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/vysper/trunk/server/extensions/xep0124-xep0206-bosh
> * Could you please add new JIRA issues per feature you aim to
> implement. This makes it much easier to track the progress and also
> keeps the patches cleanly separated. The same approach was used for
> last years project:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310930&component=12312889&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC
> * The vysper_0.1.patch looks fine, committed into the new module (with
> updated package names)

Ok, I'll work on separate issues, and I'll make diffs on the new
xep0124-xep0206-bosh module.

> * The stuff in "scripts", is that all strophe.js? Perhaps we should
> stick that in an src/examples/resources directory (or similar)?
There is more than strophe.js, there are libraries used from the code
in the book.
The most important (from the book point of view) if flXHR that allows
cross-domain XHR from javascript.

I can use more standard techniques to make cross-domain Ajax calls
like https://developer.mozilla.org/en/HTTP_access_control
(the feature is introduced in Firefox 3.5 and Safari 4). There are
other techniques also that are pure Javascript (for other browsers),
but I will introduce them in the web app that will use strophe to
connect to Vysper later.

The only needed library will be <strophe.js>

> * The stuff in "strophe.js" is guess is the code from the Wrox book
> where we're unsure about the license?

Yes, all that is from the book. I only changed the connection URL.

I will not include any more stuff from the book.

Bogdan