mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: GSoC student accepted
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 18:48:02 GMT
On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 12:49 AM, Bogdan Ciprian Pistol
<bogdanciprian@gmail.com> wrote:
> As Bernd noted that "The GSoC proposal is not public, unfortunately"
> in a previous discussion, I realized that not all the developers have
> access to the internal GSoC infrastructure - that seems to be only for
> GSoC mentors. So I published the full official GSoC proposal at
> http://sites.google.com/site/bogdanciprian/gsoc2010

Great idea to publish the proposal in open, thanks!

> For code development infrastructure I guess JIRA patches are the way
> to go. Right?

Yeah. I kind of liked the way our GSoC student during last year did
it. He added JIRA issues for each task for the summer. That way it's
easy to track the progress.

Also, when it comes to patches, please keep them small and isolated,
that way it will be much easier to review (and commit) them.

> As
> it was discussed, I intend to try out and compare Jetty and AsyncWeb
> in the prototyping phase (also bonding community period).

+1

> Do you know of any alternative client BOSH implementation with an
> acceptable license?

I agree with Bernd, look into strophe.js.

Anyways, again, a warm welcome!

/niklas