mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: removed releases with LGPL
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 22:45:51 GMT
  On 7/21/10 11:53 PM, Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Sam Ruby<rubys@intertwingly.net>  wrote:
>>> We got a backup of the removed releases. So, if I understand
>>> correctly, the best option would be to restore these?
>> No objections here.  Beyond that, it is a MINA PMC decision.  If I
>> were on that PMC, my take is that it would be in the best interest of
>> existing users if the releases were still available.
> As seen above, the board has provided feedback the we do not need to
> remove the releases which contains the LGPL licensed file. Since I got
> a backup, does anyone object to me restoring this? If I do, I'll add a
> notice on our download page that M4-M6 contains a LGPL file and users
> should be aware.

No problem at all.

  I must admit I thought that releasing a LGPL lib in a package was
forbidden, but in fact it's not, it's just against The ASF policy. In
this case, removing the package was a mistake, sorry for that to our users.

Thanks to Niklas and to the board. It demonstrates that board reports
are useful, that board is cautious, and that we have a good chairman :)

--

Regards,
Cordialement,