mina-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Charron <twaf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: State of Vysper, Documentation
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 21:42:48 GMT
On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Bernd Fondermann <bf_jak@brainlounge.de> wrote:
> I agree. Unfortunately, there is not much documentation.
> But we have this list, so, if you already know what you want to do, we
> might be able to point you in the right direction.

  Well, I'm having a heck of a time figuring out the flow of how
rosters are handled.  I was hoping to implement a shared roster
mechanism, but the implementation makes rosters..  Confusing..

  Additionally, I was trying to trace back exactly how the socket ends
up parsing XML.  :-D  There's some hidden magic somewhere that I'm not
seeing the connection to.  I've made it as far as StreamStartHandler.
:-D

>>   I've been able to figure out how to do something, but I'm also
>> *VERY* familiar with XMPP.  It's funny how much, but how little, has
>> changed in the last 12 years.  :-D  etherx.jabber.org brings back
>> memories.  lol.
>
> :-) Yes, XMPP is an excellent mature protocol.

  Yup.  It helps we brought etherx and the jabber daemon together back
in '99.  :-D

--
-- Thomas