mina-dev mailing list archives

From David Latorre <dvl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SSHD] SFTP does not support v3
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 08:38:19 GMT
2010/8/3 Thomas Charron <twaffle@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Andreas Johansson
> <fri.radikal@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The current SFTP implementation in SSHD does not support v3 (Section
>> 7) of the standard which the widely used JSch client currently only
>> support. The issue is in section 9.3 of the v6 standard:
>
>>       bool   end-of-file [optional]"
>>
>> The last byte end-of-file corrupts the datastream when used with the
>> JSch client and since it's optional I would like to disable/remove it
>> from the SSHD code to support more clients. What do you think?
>
>  Curiouse, if the client doesn't support it, why, exactly, is it a
> bug in the server when the specification clearly shows it as being
> optional, (aka, the servers choice)?

I partially agree with Thomas here, it is not Mina SSHD that doesn't
correctly support the standard but Jsch. I would try to open in issue
so they add support for this EOF character. Still, It is true that
JSCH is widely used in java environments so I would suggest that we
add a configuration parameter so the use of an EOF delimiter can be
activated/deactivated. We should then check if the default must be "no
eof" or "please, eof" :)

Are you ok with this, Andreas? You can open a JIRA issue in that case
- I would advice against just removing the EOF delimiter as it is
possible that some other clients do expect this byte and start failing
if we remove it :)