mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject [MINA 3.0] Some thoughts on Debug tool
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:41:54 GMT
Guys,

I just added some thoughts on the Debug tool on MINA 3.0 design page
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MINA/MINA+3.0+design).
Ideas are better on wiki than in my mind.

JMX would be the best way to get the data from running App, as we
shall be able to extract more data from running JVM.

On the initial thoughts, we can capture Statistical and Configuration
information in the tool, which shall help see the system in action.

Few items indentified are

Configuration - (Probably would be good if we can allow change in
config from the same UI as well as expose JMX API's)
Chain Config
Acceptor
Selector
Strategy ??

Stats
Session's
Session data
Heaps Usage
???

I believe our users can provide more info on what might help them
better manage/debug their systems.

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestion?

thanks
ashish