mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] Some thoughts on Debug tool
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2010 03:47:15 GMT

>> On the initial thoughts, we can capture Statistical and Configuration
>> information in the tool, which shall help see the system in action.
>>
>> Few items indentified are
>>
>> Configuration - (Probably would be good if we can allow change in
>> config from the same UI as well as expose JMX API's)
>> Chain Config
>> Acceptor
>> Selector
>> Strategy ??
>
> I would add Log level. It would be cool if we can switch it dynamically.

This would be a great feature
+1

>> Stats
>> Session's
>> Session data
>> Heaps Usage
>> ???
>
> It would be very useful to gather information related to the queues we are
> using in many places.
>
> Also inactive sessions, sessions duration, etc

+1, all the session related data should be visible after selecting the
session id, including data transfer, the chain composition, Queue size
etc

>> I believe our users can provide more info on what might help them
>> better manage/debug their systems.
>>
>> Thoughts/Comments/Suggestion?
>
> Everything that can help the user to have a better insight on what's going
> on is a good thing to have.

Will add these to the wiki page so that we don't loose them.

Anyone would like to see specific data that would help them?

I think we can send one mail to users ML as well. wdyt?