mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.0
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 23:23:03 GMT
  On 9/13/10 11:43 PM, Maarten Bosteels wrote:
> I think we should also try to make the tests stable. Hudson builds on
> windows seem to be failing more than they pass.
> It took us a very long time to reach 2.0.0. That's why I wonder if we
> shouldn't spend just a little more time to get these things right ?

I don't think that we have an issue on Hudson build on Windows. When we
modify the code, the build always breaks the first time, as far as I can
see. Then 30 minutes later, it passes. I have no idea why it behaves
this way, but this is systematic, and not only for MINA, but also for
Vysper, FtpServer and so on.

I'd like to understand why this is the case, but Hudson is barely
available those days (it's currently down :/ )
> Hmm, on the other hand, we could start applying the "release early, release
> often" philosophy from now on ;-)
Well, I think we should release a 2.0.0, and then fix issues as fast as
we can, releasing a 2.0.1 if needed. IMO, we have waited way too much
for this 2.0.0
> I am well aware of the fact that I have contributed near to nothing for far
> too long, and I hope my comments are not offending anyone.
Don't worry, your concern is very valid. The question is how do we
address it...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,